Kristen Stewart and Andrew Garfield are two of the biggest winners of the Hollywood Critics Association (HCA) Film Awards in 2022.
This year’s awards ceremony was held at the Avalon Hollywood in Los Angeles, California.
The Hollywood Critics Association is an organization of film critics based in Los Angeles and was founded in 2016.
Let’s find out more about the big winners of the 2022 awards.
Kristen Stewart and Andrew Garfield win big
Kristen Stewart and Andrew Garfield won big at the 2022 HCA Film Awards. They won for their roles in spencer and Tick, tick… Boom! respectively.
Taking the stage to accept her Best Actress gong, Kristen, who played Princess Diana in Pablo Larraín’s film, shared how grateful she was to win the award.
“I took more joy in my body doing this than anything else…It’s been a long run, I’m really enjoying it, seriously,” Kristen said.
“I could never have made this movie on my own, and it’s every movie but this one, really. I was so accompanied. It’s so cool, I can’t believe we could do that.
Andrew, who played playwright Jonathan Larson, gave an incredible speech and said he was grateful to be part of a room full of great artists.
Fans congratulate Kristen and Andrew on their awards
Many fans can’t contain their excitement over the main gongs Kristen and Andrew won this year and many shared their reactions on Twitter.
Reacting to Andrew’s speech, one person tweeted: “If there’s one thing I particularly love about Andrew Garfield, it’s the way he talks and argues things. He carefully chooses the words to use in any situation… and it’s beautiful. I could hear him talking for hours.
“So proud of Andrew Garfield for winning Best Actor and Kristen Stewart for Best Actress at the #HCAFilmAwards,” another fan wrote.
“Andrew Garfield mentioning Kristen Stewart in his Best Actor speech for #HCAFilmAwards,” someone else tweeted.
The winning pair also posed for a mutual snap behind the stage.
Who else won at the awards?
Here is the full list of 2022 award winners.
- Best picture – CODA
- Best Actor – Andrew Garfield Tick, tick… Boom!
- Best Actress – Kristen Stewart for spencer
- Best Supporting Actor – Troy Kotsur for CODA
- Best Supporting Actress – Ariana DeBose for West Side Story
- Best Cast Set – Belfast
- Best Director *Ex-aequo* – Denis Villeneuve for Dunes and Jane Campion for The power of the dog
- Best Original Screenplay – Fran Kranz for Mass
- Best Adapted Screenplay – Siân Heder for CODA
- Best Animated Performance or VFX – Stephanie Beatriz for Encanto
- Best Action Film – The more they fall
- Best Animated Film – The Mitchells vs. the Machines
- Best Comedy or Musical – Tick, tick… Boom!
- Best Documentary – soul summer
- Best Horror – Last night in Soho
- Best Independent Film – Pork
- Best International Film – drive my car
- Best First Feature – Lin-Manuel Miranda for Tick, tick… Boom!
- Best Short – We again
- Top Rating – Hans Zimmer for Dunes
- Best Original Song – To be alive from King Richard
- Best Cinematography – Greig Fraser for Dunes
- Best Production Design – Tamara Deverell for alley of nightmares
- Best Film Editing – Paul Machliss for Last night in Soho
- Best stunts – Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
- Best Costume Design – Jenny Beavan for Cruel
In other news, Eddie Hearn’s impressive net worth and career as a boxing promoter