RK Suresh’s demands for 60% Tamil films in theaters | Tamil Cinema News

0
It is known that the upcoming film “Visithiran” by popular producer and actor RK Suresh which is the official remake of the 2018 Malayalam film “Joseph” is set to hit the screens on May 6th. The remake is directed by M.Padmakumar and produced by Director Bala under his B Studios banner. Meanwhile, the actor/producer seems to have a request from the Tamil Nadu Theater Association.

RK Suresh, who made his Kollywood debut in director Bala’s ‘Tharai Thappattai’, has asked the Theater Association to provide 60% of its screens in the state to Tamil films and the remaining 40% to films in other languages. He made the request stating that it would help low budget films and producers.

Taking to social media, RK Suresh posted a video in which he said, “I would like to say that I am not making this request because of the movie ‘Visithiran’. It is a general grievance that we all have. We, the Producers Council will soon make a decision that 60% of Tamil films will only be released theatrically and 40% other languages ​​will be able to be broadcast.”

“In Tamil cinema, there are only two categories of cinema i.e. small films and big films. Big films usually get theatrical release but small films do not. So I would like to ask for this practice to come into effect soon. ”

Meanwhile, his movie “Visithiran” is about to be released. The film will have Poorna and Madhu Shalini reprising the roles of Athmiya Rajan and Madhuri Braganza from the original.

Share.

Comments are closed.